Saturday, October 13, 2012

Preparation for the multidisciplinary screening


Two more nights before my multidisciplinary screening at the NOK in Hilversum. I received a confirmation on 9 October, saying they invited e for the screening on Monday 15 October 2012 at 9.00 am in Hilversum.

In approximately four hours I will talk to several disciplines (care co-ordinator, p.g., dietitian, psychologist and movement expert). Objective of the screening to determine which treatment would be most effective for me by means of analysis, questionnaires and personal conversations. All conversations will be in private. After the screening the NOK will write up a letter of recommendation.

I was adviced to bring:
1. a food journal provided to me by the NOK in which I had to write down everything I ate and drank for a week, the times at which I ate and drank, where and why I ate and drank and I much I exercised. If I don't bring my food journal, I risk my meeting being cancelled and being fined € 50,00. I started filling out the diary last Saturday, so I can check this off my list.
2. Two recent photos, I had new pictures taken yesterday and can check this off the list too.
3. A recent list of medication or my medication. Since already carry all my medicine aroud in my purse, this also gets checked off the list.
4. Documents that show my attempts to lose weight in the past. I only have a letter of referral from my pg to my dietitian about four years ago, so check!

I guess I'm ready for my screening as far as the checklist is concerned. Let's hope I sleep better tonight and tomorrow night than I did this week. I've slept a lot, but the quality of sleep has been poor due to my cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment