Friday, October 5, 2012

On to the next step


Did you know that out of 100 percent of the people that want to lose weight 99 percent try this through dieting? And out of these 99 percent that diet, 95 percent will have gained the lost weight (and then some) back within two years? Just one of the things I learnt today.

Today's orientation meeting was quite informative, we were informed about the process that will take us towards the endresult: a change in behaviour resulting in permanent weight loss, aided by a weight loss surgery. I will write more about this process in another blogpost.

At the end a date was set for us for the next step: the multidisciplinary screening. This screening will take half a day: the first hour will consist of filling out forms and getting weighed. During the other three hours I'll have individual meeting with a gp, a dietitian, a motion expert and a psychologist. They will advice the bariatric surgeon on whether or not they think a treatment by the NOK is suitable for me, the surgeon will decide if I should undergo bariatric surgeray and which surgery would be most suitable for me. I should be notified on this decision within about seven weeks after my appointment. 

My multidisciplinairy screening will take place on the afternoon of November 1st. Till then I have some homework to do: I have to fill out a food diary for seven consecutive days and take it with me tot the screening. If I don't have it on my, I will be sent home with a fine of € 50,- and have to make a new appointment for the screening. So I figured I might as well start writing my food diary tomorrow, in that case I won't forget to fill it out!



2 comments:

  1. One step at a time, Marthe. You can count on me for support whenever you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that's quite the process! It's good that you have homework to keep you busy while you wait for the next appointment.

    ReplyDelete